Here is an example of the PasteAway Mac client.
The search box allows you to search your clips, the table with all the clips is automatically filtered based on the search-term.
- ENTER – pastes the currently selected clip in the table.
- Down (arrow) – selects the next clip in the table
- Up (arrow) – selects the previous clip in the table
- Command-1 – pastes the clip on the first line in the table
- Command-2 – pastes the clip on the second line in the table
- Command-9 – pastes the clip on the ninth line in the table
- ESC – closes the Mac client window
Search results table
This table shows a list of the clip-names all your clips, this list is filtered based on the current search term.
A line in this table contains:
- the shortcut key that can be used to paste the clip
- an icon that indicates if the clip originates from the clip or from your local clipboard history (if the client is active all local clips are being captured so they can be used and retrieved easily)
- the name of the clip
- the name of the project of the clip (if multiple projects are being searched)
The preview column shows the following information
- the name of the clip and the project of the clip (if multiple projects are being searched)
- a preview of the clip content
- the clip-key and tags
Buttons and icons
- top-left: the logo links to our webservice where you can manage (create, update or remove) your clips and profile
- bottom-left: a refresh icon that refreshes the table content
- bottom-center: a cloud icon that links to our webservice where you can manage (create, update or remove) your clips and profile
- bottom-center: an ‘edit’ button that takes you to our webservice and (if logged in) to the page where you edit the active (preview) clip
- bottom-right: a ‘Paste Away!’ button that pastes the active (preview) clip
On the top right you change the scope of the search and visible clips, by pressing the little triangle you can, via a select box, limit this scope to a team or a project.
In the preferences panel (available via the menu-bar or the Command-, shortcut key) you can change the following general preferences:
- whether or not the client should be launched at login
- the hotkey for activating the Mac client (default: Control-Alt-v)
- when to show local clips
- whether or not to hide the client after pasting
On the account tab of the preferences you can enter and update the e-mail address and password that you used for signing up for PasteAway.com.
Changing the e-mail adress or the password will log you out. You can login (again) by clicking the ‘Login’ button
Need more help with this?
Don’t hesitate to contact us here.